Samstag, 4. Februar 2012

Netatalk 2.2.2 for DD-WRT

I just compiled version 2.2.2 of netatalk for DD-WRT you can download it here:

netatalk_2.2.2-2_mipsel.ipk

I still use Berkeley DB 4.7.25 to compile against so make sure you installed it. Instructions on how to downgrade after the break.


Make a backup of your existing afpd/netatalk settings! (/opt/etc/netatalk in my case)
Install the packages on your machine in the following order:

ipkg install libdb_4.7.25-3_mipsel.ipk
ipkg install netatalk_2.2.1-2_mipsel.ipk

make sure that you use

ipkg install libdb_4.7.25-3_mipsel.ipk -force-downgrade

in case your libdb version is newer than 4.7.25.

Also in case you have not already done so - install libgcrypt which is necessary to get dhx2 authentication to work:

ipkg-opt install libgcrypt

Please donate by PayPal button if you appreciate the work!

Be aware: both packages are not guaranteed to work. They may break your system!

13 Kommentare:

  1. Hi, I currently have tomato installed on my linksys e3000....want to use as a time machine backup in OSX Lion. How do you recommend installing?

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Funny, that, I just finished running through the setup myself tonight on the same router. Follow the instructions on install and configuration from the earlier posts. You will need a few other things though:

      If you're running a tomato firmware (like I am) you'll need: http://tomatousb.org/tut:adding-your-own-users

      You might also need the version of dbus from here:
      http://wl500g.info/showthread.php?t=20098

      That was my experiance though, Follow the instructions on this blog first and deviate only as needed, http://netatalk-ddwrt.blogspot.com/2011/08/netatalk-configurations.html#more is a terrific start and will get you at least 90% of the way there.

      Löschen
    2. That is good to know. I have no experience using tomato as the routers os. So thanks for the reply!

      Löschen
  2. Hi, Is there any chance you could compile this for MIPS? ^_^ I have a WZR-HP-G300NH router and it's mips instead of mipsel and all the Netatalk packages available are outdated or don't work T_T

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Sorry m8 I do not have a test environment to deploy and test those executables. Tho I have posted a manual on how to compile netatalk!

      Löschen
  3. Curious if this same process would work on WNDR3700 with dd-wrt. I would love to have time machine work under Lion

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Give it a try! You might need to compile it on your own though, I am not sure the WNR3500L and the WNDR3700 use the same processors...

      Löschen
  4. I did most of the steps except downgrade the dbus to 1.1.1-3. I can only access the afp volume as read-only. It seems that I can't be authenticated. Do I really need dbus 1.1.1-3? If yes, where can I get a copy?

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. I do not think dubs is your problem. BerkeleyDB and the DHX2 support in netatalk has always been the problem on my WNR3500L.

      Löschen
  5. One more additional info, I was able to connect using NoAuth when I am using Snow Leopard. When I upgraded to Lion, it need DHX2 Auth, and I can only mount the share read-only as guest.

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Yes netatalk must be built with DHX2 support enabled in order to work with Lion properly.

      Löschen
  6. I am using 2.2.2-2. Should DHX2 be already built-in?

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. Dieser Kommentar wurde vom Autor entfernt.

    AntwortenLöschen